With over 18,000 jobs, Burghausen is the most significant cross-border employment location in the region within a radius of around 60 km.
Most important cross-border employment location in the region
Of the 18,100 or so employees currently subject to social insurance contributions, around 11,000 are employed in the chemical industry, making it the most important employer of the business location of Burghausen and its surrounding region encompassing a radius of around 60 km. The largely medium-sized service companies, suppliers and construction and manual trade companies employ a total of around 3,000 experienced staff who are supplemented by highly qualified employees in trade and commerce.
The success of the companies through qualified employees is reflected not least in the number of patents registered in the administrative district of Altötting which is double the national average.
- 18,100 jobs overall (of which 13,500 commuters)
- 11,000 employees in manufacturing (chemical production)
- 3,000 employees in services and manual trade
- 12,500 employees with completed vocational training
- 1,750 employees with university or university of applied sciences degree
- From 16,800 employees (2009) to 18,100 (2018)
- From 12,800 commuters (2009) to 13,500 (2018)
Job engine of the region:
- Two-thirds of employees come from the region
- Commuter catchment area of up to 60 km
- Areas of origin: administrative districts of Altötting, Mühldorf, Traunstein, Berchtesgadener Land, Rottal-Inn as well as Upper Austria and Salzburg
Burghausen as a ‘job engine’
Of the 18,100 or so employees, 13,500 commute from the surrounding region. To this end, Burghausen acts as a true ‘job engine’ and is the region’s most important work location: from 2009 to 2018 alone, employment figures increased from 16,800 to around 18,100, and the number of commuters rose from approx. 12,800 to around 13,500. Alongside the many employees who commute daily from the immediately surrounding region to their workplaces in Burghausen, a large number of people also commute from neighbouring Upper Austria and Lower Bavaria to Burghausen’s companies.
In the economic fields of structural and civil engineering, industrial plants and mechanical engineering, container construction, electrical engineering, heating and refrigeration engineering, pipeline construction, the complete range of IT services and the field of regenerative energies, Burghausen SMEs are hugely successful market operators and another powerful component of the Burghausen “job engine”.
- ATECH Antriebstechnik für Elektrofahrzeuge Vertriebs GmbH
- Bauunternehmen Grundner OHG
- Bilfinger Rohrleitungsbau GmbH
- BIS Rohrleitungsbau GmbH
- Brodschelm Verkehrsbetriebe GmbH
- Buhlmann Rohr-Fittings-Stahlhandel GmbH & Co.
- COC AG, IT infrastructure optimisation and IT service management
- CHEMSERV Industrie Service GmbH, maintenance of industrial equipment
- Dellian Transporte e.K.
- Elektro Kreutzpointner Group, EI&C industry, building and engineering technology, switchgear construction
- Elektro Rösler GmbH, automation, process control and analysis technology, and electrical installations
- Finze & Wagner EMSR Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH
- GFD Gesellschaft für DV-Beratung, IT services
- GfE Gesellschaft für angewandte Elektronik mbH, engineering firm for process automation, EI&C and control technology
- Greiwing - logistics for you, logistics company
- Hasenkopf GmbH & Co. KG, drawer production, Corian
- Hinterschwepfinger Projekt GmbH, construction firm for site, building and supply technology
- IPS Industrial Piping Service GmbH, pipeline engineering and laboratory requirements
- Kirsch AG, apparatus construction
- KombiTerminal Burghausen GmbH, goods terminal operator
- Kraftanlagen Anlagentechnik München GmbH
- New Solutions GmbH, software products and software solutions in the MES industry
- ppedv AG, IT services/training
- PSG Fertigungs- u. Prozessautomations GmbH
- Pürstinger High Purity Systems GmbH, systems and pipeline engineering
- Raiffeisen-Tours RT-Reisen GmbH
- SpiraTec AG, engineering and planning services
- Swietelsky Bau GmbH
- Züblin Bau GmbH, structural and civil engineering firm