Top location quality across national frontiers
As one of the most dynamic towns of the region between Munich and Linz, Passau and Salzburg, Burghausen has an unparalleled power of attraction for a town of its size. Burghausen does more than just attract over 300,000 event attendees, business travellers and tourists each year.
Thriving perl on the Salzach with international flair:
- New town: Thriving network comprising a residential, shopping, services, commercial and industrial centre
- Old town: Fascinating medieval ensemble, artisan district and regional cultural and events centre
- Burghausen Castle: The world's longest castle at 1,051 metres
- Location for international and supra-regional events: 2004 Regional Garden Show, Bavarian-Upper Austrian State Exhibition (2012) and the annual International Jazz Week, the major Castle Fedstival event, German DFB Cup matches usw.
- Location for German and international film projects: e.g. “The Three Musketeers 3D” (Hollywood) and “Wickie” in 2010, and for the three-part ARD series “Baron Münchhausen”.
- 300,000 visitors and tourists each year
- The world's longest castle at 1,051 m
- 23 sports and leisure facilities including a Bundesliga-standard football stadium, two golf courses, an adventure pool and an indoor swimming pool
- 10 kindergartens and day nurseries
- Eight schools and two academies
- Higher-education location Campus Burghausen
- Study & Science Center Raitenhaslach of the Technical University of Munich
- BRK Training College for Paramedics
- Burghausen Vocational Training Centre (BBiW)
- Burghausen Jazz Academy
- Altötting-Burghausen District Hospital
- Medias Klinikum (oncological surgery)
- ZesS (in-patient nursing)
- Two old people's homes
High level of leisure, cultural and recreational quality
The town also has great appeal as the main place of residence for Burghausen’s population and as a thriving recreational, shopping and event draw for the 50,000 or so inhabitants of the neighbouring communities of Upper and Lower Bavaria, Upper Austria and Salzburger Land: The charming symbiosis of the bustling new town and fascinating old town with one of the world's largest castle fortresses boasts a prime location quality with numerous sports and leisure facilities as well as cultural and other events.
And anyone who needs even more can often reach other recreational facilities in under an hour in the nearby Alps, at Chiemsee or in the Upper Austrian Lake District.
Dense network of medical care, childcare and educational facilities
Burghausen District Hospital, two private specialist clinics and a dense network of GP and medical specialist practices deliver a full range of medical services between them.
Burghausen's childcare and school facilities comprise six kindergartens, two day nurseries, three primary schools, three secondary schools (one Hauptschule, one Mittelschule, one Realschule), two grammar schools, a municipal school of music and a dancing academy.
With a broad network of educational facilities Burghausen is a supra-regional higher-education and academy location and a regional seat of training and further education that provides wide-ranging opportunities for young people to obtain professional qualifications.