Cross-border shopping destination with major trading potential
Burghausen has a cross-border catchment area. In recent years, the town has developed to become the region’s most attractive shopping destination for over 60,000 target customers within a direct radius of up to 50 kilometres who spend above-average periods of time in the town on account of its mix of sectors.
Shopping with flair and with over 1,200 free underground parking spaces
Shopping area new town
In Burghausen's lively new town, the customer-oriented specialist shops cater for all tastes. The broad range of products and friendly service always promise a special shopping experience. Annual events such as “shopping night”, the Marktlerstrasse festival and “Burghausen shopping autumn” draw thousands of keen shoppers to the town.
Lindach business park
Lindach business park rounds off Burghausen new town's shopping facilities perfectly with a varied mixture of large shopping and specialist centres.
Free underground parking spaces
Furthermore, in all shopping areas of the old and new town, there is an almost unique array of over free 1,200 underground parking spaces from where you can access the destination of your Burghausen shopping trip within a few minutes.
Charming shopping area old town
You feel almost as if you are on a southern holiday when you stroll through the historic old town, across the charming town square and through the Grüben: here, you will find a rich selection of specialist shops or unusual handicraft and art offerings that exert an appeal far beyond national frontiers.
400,000 target customers – 400,000 visitors each year
The catchment area of Burghausen's shopping facilities stretches more than 2,500 square kilometres. Up to 14,000 commuters travel to work in Burghausen each day. Further enormous future potential for the retail trade, commerce, catering and hotel business lies in 220,000 or so target customers living in the catchment area surrounding Burghausen.
Each year, over 400,000 people use Burghausen's cultural, leisure and recreational facilities or stay in the town as tourists or international commercial and business travellers.
- 400,000 inhabitants in a catchment area of 2,500 km² (retail and staff relevance)
- 14,000 commuters travel to work daily in Burghausen
- 60% of the inhabitants of seven districts in Bavaria, Upper Austria and Salzburg regularly come to Burghausen for shopping, to use the swimming pools, and for cultural events
- 47% of shoppers spend up to two hours shopping in Burghausen
- 42% of shoppers even spend an entire morning or afternoon here
- 400,000 visitors and tourists per year
- New town: Thriving network comprising a residential, shopping and services centre
- Old town: Fascinating medieval ensemble, artisan district and cultural and events centre of the region
- 1,200 free underground parking spaces