Central location in the heart of Europe
With its location at the heart of central Europe, Burghausen is only a short distance from all key European business centres. Burghausen is situated in the heart of the Bavarian chemical triangle (“ChemDelta Bavaria”), one of Germany’s strongest economic regions and a major focal point of the chemical industry in southern Germany.
Mobility and infrastructure
As a central European road and rail transportation hub, Burghausen provides direct access to all relevant procurement and sales markets in Central and Eastern Europe. With Burghausen container terminal, opened in 2014, the business location is also a key logistics hub with links to the ports of the North Sea and the Mediterranean Sea, as well as the major Western and Eastern European transport routes.
The immediate vicinity of Burghausen and its region to Munich and Salzburg airports ensures international transport connections.
Completed in 2019, the A94 cuts journey times to Munich to the extent that Munich exhibition centre is approx. 60 minutes' drive from Burghausen, for instance. The A94 and B12 (Munich-Passau) provide the link to the Bavarian capital.
Over one percent of goods traffic of Deutsche Bahn AG is handled on the existing Munich-Mühldorf-Freilassing railway network (with the section of track running from Mühldorf to Burghausen via Tüssling). With 800 to 1,000 freight cars handled each day, the railway hub of Mühldorf am Inn serves as an efficient DB freight terminal for the economic region Southeast Bavaria within easy reach.
- A 94 Munich-Passau via B 20
Motorway connections Marktl/Burghausen
- A92 Munich-Deggendorf via B20 Marktl
- A8 Munich-Salzburg via B299 and B304 Traunstein/Siegsdorf
- B12 towards Passau, exit Marktl-Burghausen
- B20 Straubing-Berchtesgaden, exit Burghausen
Municipal public transport:
- Citybus routes
- Regional bus routes to all neighbouring towns and villages
- Munich-Erding airport 82 km
- Salzburg airport 50 km
- Port of Deggendorf 100 km
- Passenger traffic via Burghausen station
- Goods traffic via Burghausen container terminal for combined transport
- DB freight terminal at Mühldorf